The 2013 Orlando Chili Cook-off hosted the first ever IFOCE (International Federation of Competitive Eating) Chili Eating event in Florida. For six minutes, some of the world’s top eaters, including Joey Chestnut and Sonya Thomas, competed for the coveted prize of World Chili Eating Champion. Joey “Jaws” Chestnut took the title and the glory after eating eight bowls of chili! Our Title Sponsor, Robert Palmer, even took part in the challenge and donated $8,000…$1,000 for every bowl that Joey Chestnut finished. Facilitated by the world renowned IFOCE, or better known as Major League Eating, this challenge will be bigger and better in 2014.–Don’t miss it–Save the Date for February 8th, 2014.
Want to compete against the top eaters on February 8th, 2014?
Joey Chestnut is truly an American hero and a national treasure. Having won six straight Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Championships—and counting—Joey is favored every time he steps to the table. His appetite is legendary, his jaw strength unrivaled, and he shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. To see him in action is to behold greatness.
- #1 ranked eater in the world by Major League Eating: current 6-time Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog & Bun-Eating Champion.
- At the 2012 Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest, he matched his 2009 world-record performance of 68 Hot Dogs & Buns in 10 min
- TooJay’s World Corned Beef Sandwich Eating Champion, 20 sandwiches in 10 min
- World Deep-Fried Asparagus Eating Champion, 8.135 lbs in 10 min
- World Wonton Eating Champion, 390 Wontons in 8 min
- World Bratwurst Eating Champion, 35 Bratwurst in 10 min
- World Tamale Eating Champion, 102 in 12 min
- 2012 Graduate of San Jose State University with a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Learned to eat fast growing up with five siblings
The Black Widow
The former 2003 IFOCE Rookie of the Year, “The Black Widow” quickly ascended to the top of the ranks, both at the table and in the eyes of fans. Standing at a slender 105-pounds, Sonya continues to amaze as her fellow peers appear to be watching, dumfounded, as she sees her hand raised in victory time after time.
Most recently, she captured her most coveted title when she ate 40 Nathan’s hot dogs and buns on July 4, 2011 to capture the first-ever Nathan’s Famous Female Hot Dog Eating Championship Belt. Ever the crowd favorite, no one will forget the indelible image of Sonya being whisked through atop Badlands Booker’s shoulders while the crowd showered with roses.
Tim “Eater X” Janus
His given name is Tim Janus, but to the competitive eating community he is a man of mystery, Eater X, whose inner torment is concealed by a mask. Eater X has distinguished himself in the eating community, performing well in pie, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, cannoli, brats, and corned beef and cabbage.
In 2007, he shattered the tamale record, taking down 71 in 12 minutes. This 2004 Rookie of the Year is also the tiramisu-eating champion of the world and clearly represents the future of competitive eating in style, composure and ability.
He is a pizza cook by trade and an eater by disposition. He is single and lives in New York City’s East Village.
- Burritos, Long Form: 11.81 lbs burritos/Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill / 10 Minutes/Sep. 22, 2007
- Nigiri Sushi: 141 pieces of Nigiri Sushi/MLE: The Game Promotion / 6 Minutes/April 11, 2008
- Pork, Pulled Sliders: 61 pulled pork sliders / 10 Minutes/July 15, 2012
- Ramen Noodles: 10.5 lbs Ramen Noodles/NARUTO: Clash of Ninja Revolution for Nintedo Wii / 8 minutes/October 27, 2007
- Tiramisu: 4 pounds tiramisu/ Verducci’s Market / 6 minutes/ Mar. 5, 2005
There must be something in the water in San Jose as the city first gave us Joey Chestnut and now thrusts Matt Stonie into the global competitive eating spotlight.
Recently turning pro, Matt ‘megatoad’ Stonie has wasted no time in declaring himself as one to watch. In his first two contests, he posted consecutive third place finishes behind the world’s top two eaters in Joey Chestnut and Pat Bertoletti. The future is bright for the megatoad.
- Birthday Cake: 5.5 pounds/ Matthew Stonie’s 21st Birthday Party / 8 Minutes, 59 Seconds/ May 26, 2013
- Gyoza: 268 Day-Lee gyoza/Los Angeles Nisei Week / 10 minutes/August 17, 2013
- Slugburgers: 31 Slugburgers/The World Slugburger Eating Championship Presented By Main Street Corinth / 10 Minutes/July 13, 2013
Bob shocked the esophoscenti by eating 95 Krystal hamburgers in eight minutes to beat a field of 11 other eaters and place second in the 2007 Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship and secure a shocking 1-burger victory over #2-ranked Pat Bertoletti. He has steadily improved in speed and in ranking. Shoudt also holds the 2-minute record for Krystal hamburgers, downing 39 in that time.
- Beef Brisket BBQ Sandwiches: 34.75 Beef Brisket BBQ Sandwiches/Cherokee Casino / 10 Minutes/July 26, 2008
- Chili Spaghetti: 13.9 lbs Skyline Chili Spaghetti/Kings Island / 10 Minutes/September 7, 2009
- French Fries: 7.9 lbs Curley’s French Fries / Curley’s Fries Eating Championship @ Morey’s Piers / 10 minutes / May 31, 2010
- Krystal Hamburgers, 2 minutes: 39 Krystal Hamburgers / 2 minutes/September 2007
- Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches: 36 Sandwiches/The Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi / 10 minutes/Jan 9, 2010
- Roast Beef Sliders: 37.5 / Roy Rogers World Roast Beef Slider Eating Championship / 8 minutes/Nov. 13, 2009
- Salmon Chowder: 312 fl oz; 23.4 lbs/The Slammin’ Salmon World Chowder Eating Contest / 6 minutes/Dec. 3, 2009
- Steeplechase/Chowdown Championship: Pork burgers, Beef ribeye sandwiches, Turkey Legs, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Cupcakes/Indiana State Fair / August 19, 2006
- Steeplechase/Ultimate Eating Tournament: Shrimp, Pralines, Hot Dogs, Nachos, Gelato/Broadway at the Beach / 10 minutes/ Apr. 22, 2006
The World Chili Eating Challenge is a sanctioned International Federation of Competitive Eating contest.
For more information on Major League Eating visit their website at www.ifoce.com
** All applicants must be 18 years of age or older and fully acknowledge and understand the inherent dangers and risks associated with participating in an eating contest. The applicant further acknowledges and understands that the MLE/IFOCE coordinates with event sponsor(s) to select and approve eligible participants, and that the MLE/IFOCE shall decide, at its sole discretion, whether an applicant is eligible to participate in any eating event, and/or related activities. The MLE/IFOCE may revoke an applicant’s eligibility to participate in the eating contest, or related activities, at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion. The MLE/IFOCE and the event sponsors reserve the right, at any time, to change any and all details concerning the event, including, e.g., time, duration, location and prize structure.