Got questions about the Orlando Chili Cook-off event? You’re in the right spot, below are some of our most frequently asked questions – if you still have a question, please feel free to contact us using the link above.
RAIN OR SHINE, THE EVENT GOES ON!
- When is the Orlando Chili Cook-off and where is it being held?
The 5th Annual Orlando Chili Cookoff is on February 8, 2014. The 2014 Orlando Chili Cook-off will be held at Festival Park in Downtown Orlando, right next to Orlando Executive Airport.
- What time do the gates open?
Gates open at 12pm Saturday, February 8th. The event ends at 6 p.m.
- How much are tickets?
Tickets on the day of event are $12 for adults | $7 Pre-sales online until 1/13/14 | $ 3 Children 6-12| Children 5 and under are free. You must bring a printed copy of the receipt and photo ID as proof of payment in order to enter.
- What are acceptable forms of payment for tickets and food/beverages at the event?
Credit Cards will be accepted for entrance only. Cash only for food and beverages. There will be ATMs on site (at the entrance and in venue) for your convenience.
- Are chili samples included in the price of a ticket?
Chili teams will be providing free samples of their chili starting at 12pm and while supplies last. All other food and beverages are an additional cost. Chili samples may run out before event is over.
- How do I vote for my favorite chili?
Use the special token given at entrance and use it to vote for your favorite chili. Drop it in your favorite cook’s chili pot. A people’s choice award will be announced at the end of the day.
- What other food will be available?
Local vendors will be selling food and desserts.
- Are pets allowed at the event?
Although we love pets, NO pets of any kind are allowed at the event for safety and health reasons.
- As an attendee, what can I bring into the event site?
Blankets or folding chairs are allowed. Please bring proper identification for purchase of alcoholic beverages. No coolers or outside food or beverages are allowed. Any suspicious items are subject to search.
- How can I find out about becoming an event sponsor?
Please email cook-off coordinator Ken Roberts at email@example.com or call 407-920-3125.
- How can I find out about being a food vendor/sponsor at the event?
All food vendors must contact Ken Roberts directly at 407-920-1325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to read the Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
- How can I enter my chili for the cook-off?
If you would like to enter, please click here.
- This event is RAIN OR SHINE. Please plan accordingly. No refunds will be made should the event be subject to inclement weather, natural disaster, or catastrophic event.
- Events for Change, Inc. is not responsible for theft or damage to property belonging to participants at any time during operating, or non-operating hours.
- All attendees understand that their image, voice, and name could be recorded and that Events for Change, Inc. has the right to use image, voice and name for advertising, without limitation.
- You must be 21 years old to consume alcoholic beverages, photo ID required to drink alcohol at event.
- Beer, Wine and water are sold by purchasing drinks tickets at ticket booths throughout event.
- All bags subject to search upon entry and during event. Management reserves right to remove individuals for, including but not limited to: intoxication, fighting and or rudeness, without refund.
- All attendees understand that their voice, name and image may be recorded by various mechanical or electrical means. All ticket holders release any claim they might have in law or equity in connection with the utilization of such material by Events For Change Inc. and authorize Events for Change Inc. and grant unto it or its assignees the absolute right to use said materials in connection with advertising, publicity, exhibitions, or, without limitation, any other purpose.
- Please drink Responsibly. Do NOT drive while intoxicated and plan accordingly.